Thursday, December 9, 2010

DOUBLE POST (Asif the last post wasn't long enough)
But this post is about today.

Thursday is shopping day.
My partner, his mother and I go down to the local mall to pay bills, buy misc. things we may need, have a brunch  in preparation for a big grocery shop.
I don't mind Thursdays so much as there is a lot of calorie burning involved walking and lifting and being active.
As we were walking around it was my partner's turn to decide what he wanted for brunch.  'Subway' he stated. At least it wasn't too unhealthy. I was getting quite sick of eating take away.
Every time i have tried to get out of eating on Thursdays I receive a lot of pressure and obligations. 'You have to eat, OR WE ARE NOT EATING!' or just disappointing looks and disappointed faces.
I decided not to fight against the current. I ordered a 6 inch wheat bread with egg and ham. I ate half and wrapped the half up for 'later'. Only 150 calories.

I was excited for tonight as my aunty was taking me out Christmas shopping in the City for my siblings presents, aswell as my own! I boarded the train, preparing myself for 45 minutes of nothing. I brought my cute lepoard print moleskin journal along with me. I thought i may decide to jot some interesting ideas down.
I find when i am alone, i am at my most creative. Observing the world not through a person, almost as if i am looking over everyone, trying to guess their personalities; their traits.
I wrote a little story, it was quite morbid about how everytime i board a train i assess everyone and think about all the worst possible outcomes of what could happen on the train. Whom would i ask for help? Who would i avoid?
I arrived at Melbourne Central Station. I noticed quite a number of men staring at me, I always assume people look at me because I must look strange, or amusing. My boyfriend always says it's because they are checking me out, but who is he kidding?
I decide to walk the long way out of the building, i am certain my Aunt will take me for a fatty dinner and i want to make use of any incidental exericse i can get. I skip the tram and walk the next few large blocks to Bourke Street Mall. She is not waiting for me, i call her. 'Oh sorry hun, was caught in a meeting. Ill be there in 15. Go have a look in Myer, see you soon!'
I decide not to shop. Instead i saw a comfortable looking bench and made my way towards it. I sat down. A strange man stood infront of me, i could tell he was homeless (or hadn't updated his wardrobe in a very long time). It looked as though he had a hair lip, it could have been a scar from a brawl.
I took out my journal again, as i began to write i notice the man staring at me throwing his bowler hat on the ground, pretending as though he dropped it. He picked it up again and instead of placing it on his head threw it to the side. He was acting like a clown.
I stood up, weirded out. I walked over to another bench, i looked up to see if the man was continuing with his charade; he was gone. He was no where to be seen.

Eventually i caught up with my aunt. I tried on a good quality MAC foundation. The girl who served us was stunning. She had a beautiful face and a tiny waist. Her shiny leggings flattered her thighs. Her skin was a dairy milk chocolate. What made it worse, she was SO nice! She was helpful and gave me tips on how to ensure the make up lasted and tips on how to apply it evenly. In the end, i purchased the product >.> Just goes to show how a nice personality can go a long way (even in sales).

blah blah blah i ate a shit tonne of calories. Ate a very yummy vegan burger from lord of the fries, and :( chips too (can't get away)!

Does anyone have a creative streak? Want to be a writer perhaps?
xxx

DOES NOT =

4 comments:

  1. yay! haha I missed your blog while I was away :P Loving the new background :)
    Its weird ...I kinda had the same day today..I was at melb central with some friends and also ate a massive load of calories :(
    I so have a creative streak haha, going to an arts school and all :P But I'm bad at writing!! Everyone says I'm good but I dont think I'm very original or creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the background!
    I do that when on a train. I look the people over as though to think "Would I talk to you?" or "Would you be somebody who would help others if the train crashed?" I'm weird like that haha.
    I'm pretty creative. I love writing and things like that though I want to be a doctor. Writing was a big passion of mine in high school. Got told to be a journo or something similar by teachers.

    Oops my comment is getting very long :P But I love MAC too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a creepy encounter with a hobo. Don't worry about the food, you made it so far so keep it up. I think its awesome that you have a creative streak. My friends say I'm good at painting, I enjoy it too. Good luck!
    Pce, Nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love writing =) which is why i started a blog in the first place haha. usually i just write poetry but i'm working on a story that i add to during the school day
    btw i really like your blog, i started at the beginning today and am working on reading thru everything you've posted so far

    ReplyDelete