Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas

So today my partners mother and me wrapped up some of the Christmas presents we've gotten for various family members and put them under the tree. This is a tradition i am unfamilar with. I understand most families do this, however, in my family we didn't have anything under there until Christmas morning.
It's been a few months since my dad was murdered.
Some Christmas this will be, dad dead and mum in jail and 5 brothers and sisters who are considered to be 'double orphans'.
Last year we bought my dad a cheese server. The cutting board with a magnetic edge with various utensils to cut the cheeses he so adored.
I bought him a ps3 remote control for fathers day this year because he found it irritating to use the controller. He wasn't' alive long enough to see it.
Sorry for the depressing post, it's just one of those days.

So far i've eaten a slice of toast and a coffee. I don't know what's for dinner yet, probably fat.
Has anyone had to deal with loss before, in any sense? Some comfort would be appreciated :)
x

3 comments:

  1. im so sorry to hear about your dad, although its a bit late :( one of my friends mothers died last year from various diseases and tumours she had for a while, and i know that holidays are a really hard time for her. Although i didnt know her mum that well i cried so badly when i heard about it, i think its because my friend also had a rare disease and cancer once so i thought about what it would be like to loose her and its not a nice feeling. Thats no where near the same kind of thing you've been through but hopefully its helpful.

    I hope you have a really nice christmas and try not to think of the sad times, look forward to the happy ones :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha any comment is better than no comment :) Death is an awful thing, especially when it's not a natural one. I try not to dwell on these things.
    Your friends must have been so heartbroken about what happened to her mother, that's awful :(

    I will try to enjoy Christmas, maybe i will be skinny too :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i am so so sorry. i can say that i know the feeling of losing someone, but you must be really brave. my dad used to be abusive :/ but thats not as bad as your situation. good job on living through it. your dad is prolly watching over you. and try to think of all the good times yall had!

    stay strongg!

    ReplyDelete