Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Routine

Well i've been Zumba every day for almost a week now and my various PT exercises. It's a bit weird though because i've realised he more i do Zumba the less i sweat and i don't feel satisfied, i'm still giving it my all and trying harder with the moves but it just doesn't feel the same as it did when i started. I'm considering getting one of those really hard workouts like the insane one or P90 etc, i don't know really all that much about them, does anyone do any work out vids they can suggest?

What made me even ANGRIER is i barely eat all day and restrict at dinner so most days i have max 300-500 cals (and workout!) and i was at 52 kilos (WOOO) then i am yo-yoing from 52.4, 52.9, 53.1 i was getting so so angry!! Then out of the blue i got my period last night, so i'm really hoping that's the reason for the bizarre weight gain. I'm 5 days early so i wasn't expecting it at all.

So, i saw my counselor on Monday, we got into a big discussion about my life goals and potential careers.
I haven't had a goal or even a faint idea of what i want to do with my life, i don't know if i want to work, or want to study.  Actually, i do have ideas but there are too many of them!

It's like i'm at a crossroads, an intersection. I see all these paths (careers) i could go down. Instead of picking one i look down each path and all i see are the hurdles in front of me, like time, costs, people, stress etc. Eventually i realise each path has a shittonne of hurdles and i sit down and don't pick any.
It's really frustrating. I see the hurdles and then think 'Hrm, do i REALLY want to go down that road? I can over come the hurdles if i want to do it enough. But... do i REALLY want to do it?' It makes me rethink wether i have a real interest in those things or if it's just a faint liking in the subject.Anyway, counselor told me to come up with a list of things i enjoy/am good at doing. So here they are.

- IT -
I'm really good with computers, i could build/fix them which is really flexible as you can do that from home and be your own boss.

- Personal Training -
i am passionate about having a good looking body, the course is only a year long it's like 3 grand but in the end you can pick your own hours and own your own business (or work in a gym).

- Nutritionist -
I am obesssed with foods and calorie contents etc. But i know there is a lot more to it than that, like food allergies, stomach diseases, vitamins and minerals etc. And i'm pretty sure it's a 3 year degree.

- Writing -
Ever since grade 5 all my teachers have encouraged me to be a writer as i was always creative in that aspect and had fantastic writing skills (obviously not displayed in this blog lol) More so in creative writing or a journalism aspect. This i can also do from home and in my own time. However you aren't always guaranteed work unless you work for a newspaper and they pick what you have to write.

- Beauty -
All women want to look good. So it will always be a booming industry. A short course on waxing is 900 dollars and then im qualified to charge people 50 bucks for half an hour of waxing their legs. Or 600 for spray tanning  and that only takes 3 hours to become qualified. Or even make up etc. I can do all those things at home, or at their house or in a salon etc.


BUT then yesterday i got offered a retail traineeship, it's not something im passionate about but it's guaranteed work for a year, which is fantastic,  especially while my boy is on shitty apprentice wages for the next 3 years. So i was thinking maybe i go back to study once he's done?

I don't know.. it's all so difficult. Any advice? It would be VERY appreciated.
Thank you :)

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog lovely, I'm from Aust too, NSW. Your profile pic is wonderful; if that's you, then goodness, and if not, I'm sure you're stunning anywho.
    And advice? Do what you're passionate about.
    x
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive done p90x. its intense. really intense. but it works, i didnt complete all the 90 days but i did it for 2 weeks and u can actually feel ur body changing. id def recomend it. but u gotta be consistant about it.

    and as for careers, honestly, do whatever makes u happy, cuz if u pick something for the money, then ur gonna regret it in the long run. good luckkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably difficult for you to lose the weight because you're not eating enough calories. Your body isn't getting the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients it needs to function properly. As someone interested in being a nutritionist, then you should know that you need to take your body weight in pounds and multiply that by 10. That is how much calories you should eat in a day. So if you weigh 120 pounds, you need to be eating 1200 calories. If you're active and work out a lot, you then need to add more calories. You'll start getting the results you want if you add more nutrition to your diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this site really helpful!
    Just some of the workouts, doing them to fit me.

    http://www.freeworkoutguides.com/workoutguides/p90x-ab-ripper-workout

    Good luck with finding something to do in your career.
    I fucked up majorly - but I've had the best time since leaving school that I wouldn't change a thing.
    I'd suggest doing the retail traineeship. It may be shit hours and shit money - but it will really put into perspective about where your passion is and also give you the stability of work and a certficate at the end.
    I worked for three years in the city, travelling back and forth while all my friends were at Uni.
    Now they're all in shit jobs doing things they hate - because they went straight into school, from school.. but I'm completely happy knowing where I am and where I want to be.
    I'm happier to work for it now after I've had my fun and also a bit of serious work in the years after school.

    Good luck love


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, I'm useless with advice on life choices! But keep up the exercise, because it's so inspiring! And I'm sure your weight will balance out when you come off your period :)
    Stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete